Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Square Paintings

Hey, so about a month ago I photographed most of my work from the past couple of years and I wanted to show off the series of paintings that I have been working on and how I've been experimenting with with squares and geometric shapes.  I am going to start with some pieces that were the inspiration for the other paintings. 

They were an assignment for my freshman foundations color class.




The next three paintings were my final for my Sophomore Intro to Painting class.  I wanted to use the previous assignment and what I had learned in the class to create abstract geometric paintings that had a bit of optical illusion within them.  They were done with oil paints on canvas.




The next two paintings I did on my own.  They were inspired by an Andy Warhol print and a Bob Marley poster.  I enjoy the colors a lot and I cannot wait to continue using squares within my paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment